Dear Rakyat Malaysia
As a Malaysian, that was already a Malaysian longer before 1Malaysia, and a party leader that has always and still will focus on service to Rakyat more than yearning for power, I would like to share some thoughts with all Malaysians before you exercise your vote for the better of Malaysia tomorrow.
MALAYSIAN POLITICS has been maturing each election and the time will come when we have the choice of more than one political power house. This time will come when we can make intelligent choices based on the merits rather than on slander.
On this basis, I would like to share some intelligent thoughts on the current hot issues for Malaysians :
- RACE AND RELIGION … Our diversity in race and religion is probably the most unique in the world and we are very matured in living together in diversity. Let us continue to share the good and bad as Malaysians and we have been doing this well outside the boundaries of the minority extremist. So, my advice for this is to forget about racial tsunamis and vote as a Malaysian for the continual progress of Malaysia. Racial and religious development should be confined to the influence of NGO and religious bodies instead of being manipulated by politics.
- ECONOMY … We are not the best economy in the world and neither are we among the worst and we are definitely not a nation going bankrupt. In fact we are among the above average global nation with a recognised A rating and globally recognised economic performance as above average. Our currency reflects a healthy representation of where we are i.e. globally competitive in export and yet rich enough for Malaysians to be a significant traveller in the world. Let us talk our economy up instead of talking it down. Meanwhile we should increase the transparency of our economic data further to allow all Malaysians to talk up the economy. Let us not wash dirty linens in public especially when they are not really dirty.
- COST OF LIVING … GST did not raise prices. Profiteering and high demand caused the increase. GST is the fairest best proven consumption tax in the world. We can do our part to keep cost of living under control by boycotting businesses that profiteer. We need higher income not cheaper price. With the recovery in the oil prices we can look forward to more reduction in income tax, especially for the lower income group.
- FREEDOM AND RIGHTS … Malaysia has not lagged behind at all. We have reasonable free use of social media and a justice system where decisions have gone both ways. People can speak freely against leaders without being prosecuted within the boundaries of responsible freedom of speech and action. Street demos has stopped because of lost of support from sensible citizens, not because of suppression. In the new regime, no Malaysian has been detained without representation in court since the abolishment of ISA. More than one state has been won by opposition parties in our elections which are over alleged to be tainted. Let us strive to understand the intricacies of the legal system and strengthen it to provide the check and balance against the perceived fear of “draconian” law
- EDUCATION … We have inherited a system of compromise on having a different education system based on race which puzzles the rest of the world. It sows the seeds of disunity from young and it continues to be an issue. All sides of political divide agree at least in this area but none has offered any concrete solutions. This must be a priority after GE14 where all parties get together and agree on a way forward for our education strategy.
- CORRUPTION … This is the most difficult thing to eliminate. Money and power corrupt and the way to reduce is through a good practice of system and law. Positively MACC has begun to act on corruption at higher levels of power. It is a tedious process which needs to proof the corrupt act is beyond doubt. PM Najib has been cleared by PAC complete with opposition representation, let us respect it. There is an allegation by DOJ as there is allegation on LGE and others … they all remain not guilty until due process is completed. Let us assist the law in your work and allow them to complete the tedious process of investigation and not throw a spanner in their works through wild rhetorics and allegations.
I have given my thoughts complete with viable solutions in the hope that I can contribute to your decision on choosing the current best party to take Malaysian forward in positive changes. Let us progress towards having a choice without compromise. I am suggesting a choice of continuity with positive changes.
I will on my part play my role as a senior member of BN to strive towards a better Malaysia for Malaysians and achieving it through BN, by focusing on the solutions that have been highlighted above and are closest to my heart.
WISHING YOU AN INTELLIGENT VOTE FOR THE CONTINUAL PROGRESS OF MALAYSIA. MALAYSIA IS NOT BEING DESTROYED … WE JUST NEED TO KEEP IMPROVING.
PLEASE DO NOT VOTE TO DESTROY BUT VOTE FOR THE CONTINUITY OF POSITIVE CHANGES TOWARDS A MATURING DEMOCRACY.