Salam Sejahtera Dan Salam 1 Malaysia
1. In 2016, our “#Challenge365” focused on social responsibility and I thank all myPPP family for an excellent job well done. Todate we have delivered 1,725 social transformation programmes of engagement. The programmes involved
-#myEnglish for Youth
-#myEnvironment for Putera
-#myHomesafety for Puteri
-#myHelping Hands for Wanita
-#myInsurance under membercare
This challenge was given to us by YAB Deputy PM when he launched our rebranding of myPPP, and I am glad to inform our DPM we have exceeded expectations set. On behalf of all myPPP members I would like to thank him for motivating us. And, myPPP continues to win the hearts of the Rakyat, engaging them proactively through our signature PEACE, PROGRESSandPROSPERITY programmes. To all, thank you once again for exceeding our benchmarked “challenge 365”. We are on the way to the Malaysia Book of Records for doing a minimum of ONE programme a day for 365 days.
2. These achievements for 2016 leads me to think about our 2017 challenge. After deep thoughts and the several heart-to-heart discussions with our Think-Tank I believe a very relevant focus in 2017 is to look at self leadership. It is with self leadership that Malaysia will become a high-income nation. It is time to “ask not what Malaysia can do for you but what you can do for Malaysia”. Let us be matured Rakyat in a progressive democracy.
3. Speaking of SELF LEADERSHIPwe have no better example than our PM who has shown exemplary leadership in holding the ship in a globally turbulent period of weak economies worsened by the collapse in our main revenue from petroleum, political challenges and political personal attacks. Yet under all these duress, he managed the following achievements:
3.1 The PM responded to the loss of direction of the nation by setting a clear and implementable strategy through our ETP. This transformation programme has now become case studies on change management in leading global universities.
3.2 The PM responded to the perceived second class citizen feeling with his 1 MALAYSIA strategy which gave birth to multiple projects for the people of Malaysia. Among the long list, I wish to highlight the following:
3.2.1 PRIMA for affordable housing to the middle income Malaysians;
3.2.2 BRIM as a way of tax returns and beautifully done to benefit all deserving Malaysians that are young, old and poor;
3.2.3 KEDAI RAKYAT 1 MALAYSIAto provide affordable essentials for the thrifty rakyat;
3.2.4 KLINIK 1 MALAYSIA to provide RM1 medical, the only kind in the world;
3.2.5 1 AZAM to help single mothers with income generating assistance;
3.2.6 UTC the only 7 days a week integrated government services agency in the world.
In total there are twenty seven 1 Malaysia Products.
4. The PM made brave implementation decisions that seem unpopular and sensitive but necessary for taking the nation to its next level of competitive standing. They are:
4.1 Review of our security laws;
4.2 Modernising Transportation which includes:
4.2.1 KL master public transport infrastructure with an integrated MRT as the backbone;
4.2.2 HSR connection to Singapore;
4.2.3 East Coast Railway;
4.2.4 Trans Borneo Highway.
4.3 GST as benchmarked by the international community of progressive nations;
4.4 Removal of subsidies, or what I call the removal of crutches so that the Rakyat can stand tall, walk and run the distance of successes;
4.5 1MDB ~ a massive strategic long-term economic development forging global partnership with high profile projects.
5. YAB became a great global ambassador by enhancing our diplomatic relations despite all the damaging efforts of traitors to the country. Australia, China, Japan, Middle East, Russia, UK, USA and our relationship with them are at an all time high thanks to the diplomatic acumen and honesty of our PM.
6. YAB is also visionary. With the foundations of people welfare, infrastructure and international relations in place, our visionary PM is now moving steadily forward to further strengthen our future economy (not bankruptcy) by focusing on the Digital Economy. He has now set the new vision beyond 2020 which is TN50 (TRANSFORMASI NASIONAL) for the 30 years ahead. For the next generation and our youth let me suggest this:
“A strong positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success”
7. If the above is not true leadership, then I am not sure what else to ask for of a leader. YAB, in all my years in political leadership I have learnt from different masters but the most valuable tutorial has come from you. That is, how to lead against extreme, unpredictable and rough weather and yet emerge even stronger. I disagree with you when you said your time is not as tough as previous PMs. I feel that your time so far has been tough and threatening. And ugly to a much higher degree then your predessors but you came out with flying colours without being overly ruffled. It is the mark of a truly blessed leader.
8. As the leader of myPPP I am setting the example by embracing the digital economy envisioned by TN50. This is not just words but real action. I have championed the creation of two innovative mobile phone apps “One Click Reload” and “Empty Boot”.
9. 1-Click Reload simplifies the eye straining and cumbersome, numerous numbers to click needed for reload. It reduces this process to just one click.
10. Empty Boot is our contribution to Malaysians to thrive on the digital productivity. It converts the empty boots of any vehicles on the road into a massive courier network for collection and delivery of documents, parcels, gift packages or any item need to be sent immediately or urgently. It is geared to become a logistic legend of TN50.
11. Moving back to the main topic of self leadership; one of the main challenge as a self leader is managing propaganda.
12. Propaganda is part truth and part untruth. It’s purpose is to serve the self interest of one party and not to provide the real picture. However, self leaders learn to filter propaganda so that they support the true part and reject the untrue part.
13. Propaganda spinning and peddling when overdone becomes slander. When a political match becomes a slandering match, democracy suffers. A good example is the recent US election between Trump and Clinton who lost the Presidency eventhough she won the popular votes. The slander has damaged the minds that the people cannot reconcile and support their democratically elected leader as one nation. This is a backward step in democracy. If this can happen in a 300 year democracy, it can also happen in Malaysia.
It’s a CHALLENGE for all our citizens to be alert, watchful, and guarded. NO ONE SHOULD TAKE OUR 1MALAYSIA AWAY. Otherwise, we stand to derail the unity in diversity we so long cherished.
14. Despite the excellent work done by the PM to date, there are certain parties who constantly attack the PM with what I call “patchwork propaganda” under the guise of saving Malaysia from doom. In reality these agents are doing the opposite. Some examples are as follows:
14.1 BERSIH started on the perception that our election process is not clean. When they realised that our system is proper, subject to normal flaws that need time to remedy, they lost their way. Now it is a vehicle for removing leaders, an objective totally opposite to their originally nobler one. It has now also become a “transformer machine”. Just wear a yellow shirt and kotor will be bersih. Now all the previous kotor leaders are bersih leaders because they wear yellow. Even for the ex election commission leader, the kotor target has now become the bersih arrow. You reap what you sow hence their rallies gets smaller and smaller. In Penang it is even less than a family gathering.
But, the mature Rakyat have values and will not support “unreal propaganda”.
15. TUN the longest serving PM who I personally worked with high respect, sadly is beating a path way into the same extreme negative propaganda. The negative impact can be so bad that he went against not one but all his principles. Again it’s a challenge for the mature Rakyat to decide on his actions.
MY ONE CHALLENGE
16. Talking of self leadership and propaganda and the 2017 challenges, I must also throw what I term the ONE CHALLENGE to those bent on naysaying and operating on their own agendas of personal choice. We must learn from this and strive to be self leaders so that we can achieve Wawasan 2020. Achieving 2020 is not the nation leader’s achievement, it is the achievement of a nation of self leaders practising matured democracy.
17. So I now pose the ONE CHALLENGE to those who are not with us and our PM on the same page.
17.1 Every question to PM on 1MdB has been answered clearly and in writing yet the propaganda spinner says the opposite because the answers given do not fit their agenda milling, even though some answers are from their own representatives. This has opened the nation up to “hurting perception”. 1MdB has hurt Malaysia instead of benefiting Malaysia because of negative “propaganda peddling”.
The ONE CHALLENGE TO DAP is Where is your heart?A 1 Nation to progress and prosper or mere lust for power?
17.2 There is the propaganda that our elections are not Bersih. If this is true, then BN would not have lost a high profile seat like Gelang Patah and neither would key states like Selangor, Kelantan, Penang and Perak (one time) be lost.
The ONE CHALLENGE TO BERSIH is where is your logical reasoning? And, could you admit the seats and states won by Pakatan were also not fair and just.
17.3 The Bar Council which has more than 20 thousand legal eagles and more than 7 thousand legal firms don’t get a chance to elect the President and other important posts.
It has been an inner circle within the 30 plus council members electing each other on a rotation basis. Those elected to the council hardly get 1% of the support of all lawyers in the country.
The ONE CHALLENGE TO THE BAR COUNCIL – Are you willing to be transparent and practice democracy before hitting out at others? I challenge you to amend your laws first to give all lawyers a fair and just opportunity.
17.4 The Pakatan that has moved from Rakyat to Harapan. They had to give up on Rakyat because they have failed them so miserably so they choose to give up on the Rakyat cause. Now they are a mere Harapan. This is the classic example of the outcome of extreme negative propaganda. When you over focus on the extreme negative, you become negative yourself. Hence the hatred politics they have sown has created the internal hatred that now splits them.
The ONE CHALLENGE TO PAKATAN is Are you really trying to unite to save Malaysia, or pretending to be together so that somehow you can come to power?
17.5 Can you tell the Rakyat that Dato’ Seri Anwar started PKR to fight Tun Mahathir and now you have embraced Tun Mahathir, which brings PKR to expiry.
The ONE CHALLENGE TO PKRis that you have lost your fight against Tun Mahathir, therefore your objective is diminished and your have lost your struggle and direction.
18. My ONE LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE to all is:
18.1 CAN YOU STOP DAMAGING YOURSELF AND MALAYSIA AND LET THE GOVERNMENT, DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED BY THE RAKYAT, TO DO ITS BEST AT LEAST UNTIL THE NEXT ELECTION. YOU CAN USE THIS TIME TO REINVENT YOURSELVES. YOU CANNOT HELP OTHERS UNTIL YOU HELP YOURSELF AND YOU CANNOT LEAD OTHERS UNTIL YOU CAN LEAD YOURSELF.
YAB please forgive me for giving good advise to your detractors.
18.2 LET THE GE14 BE THE TIME AND PLACE FOR THE RAKYAT TO EVALUATE and take action as guaranteed by our Constitution. That is, DID BN AND NAJIB DELIVER THEIR PROMISES.
18.3 CAN PAKATAN BE A TRUE ALTERNATIVE THAT CAN THRIVE WITHOUT HATRED POLITICS. TELL THE RAKYAT WHAT YOU CAN DO, NOT WHAT OTHERS CANNOT DO.
19. SO FELLOW MALAYSIANS IT’S OUR CHALLENGE TO STOP ALL NEGATIVE PROPAGANDA SO AS NOT TO WEAKEN MALAYSIA. IT IS TIME TO BRING PEACE,PROGRESSANDPROSPERITYFOR ALL MALAYSIANS.
20. Back to myPPP family, my other guidelines to self leadership are:
20.1 Listen to facts rather than be misled by feelings;
20.2 Learn from the strength of other races and religions instead of focusing on the weaknesses;
20.3 Energise on the positive energies of success instead of drowning in the sorrow of failures, worse still if they are imaginary failures;
20.4 As Rakyat practice and defend our democracy and not demo crazy. Once elected we must close rank behind the elected leader until the next election. That is the mark of national partriortism.
20.5 All Governments cant be perfect for everyone. But we must know the repercussions of disturbing the govt of the day which leads to the investors’ confidence being rattled and rakyat suffer at the end.
21. I end my speech with the words of Lyndon B Johnson
“Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tommorow is ours to win or lose”
22. And in this we know that PEACE, PROGRESSand PROSPERITY are the defining hallmarks of success for all.
Sekian,Terima kasih !
Thank You !
Nandri Vanakkam !
Xie Xie !
GOD BLESS MALAYSIA